Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 3 of Weight Watchers

Today is my third day of doing the weight watcher program. So far, on the first day, I dipped 2 points into my weekly points. (which isn't bad, that's what they are there for) On the second day, after all of my meals, I still had 2.5 points left over! So I treated myself to a glass of juice and a banana and a few 0 points pickles. :) Today I've already had breakfast, lunch and dinner and I still have four points remaining. It's very important that I eat all of my points daily, otherwise my body will think I'm starving it and will learn to retain calories and I won't lose weight. I think that I'm already getting better about eating the proportions and I already feel less hungry all of the time. I can still have a snack in between meals, and I try to eat something at least every two hours, only now, instead of cookies, I have a banana or some veggies. Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast:
1 Dole Banana
1 Dark Chocolate Cherry Quaker Oats Granola Bar (90 calorie variety)
2 Chocolate Chip Waffles (with no syrup or butter, just plain)
2 Glasses of Water

Lunch:
2 cups mixed greens salad with the following
2 tbsp of fat free Ranch dressing
1/4 cup fat free Mozzarella cheese
2 slices of turkey lunch meat
1 slice of bread
1/2 bag of mixed raw veggies (carrots, celery, bell pepper)
2 Glasses of Water

Between Lunch and Dinner Snacks:
1/2 bag of mixed raw veggies (carrots, celery, bell pepper)
1 Dole Banana
1 Glass of Water

Dinner:
1 Ham & Cheese Warm Sandwich
1 & 1/2 cup cooked broccoli
1 Glass of Water

I still have enough points today to do several things! I can have one cookie, two Special K bars, 2 cups of Special K Cereal, 4 Bananas, 2 Apples and many more things! I think I will either have the cookie or a mixture of Special K bars & Cereal. It's kind of exciting for me to have these extra points left over to have fun with, and yet I'm not starving myself at all!

So far in the exercise portion of my weight loss plan I've been using the stationary bike we have downstairs. The first day I did 6 minutes of fast riding. The second day I slowed down my pace a little bit (but not too much) and lasted for 10 minutes. Today my goal is to do another 10 minutes of riding. I would love it if I could do 15, but I'm very tired from work and I'll be happy with just exercising at all. I think I am going to have to switch my exercise routine from the evenings to the mornings, when I have more time and energy. I know 10 minutes doesn't sound like a lot, but for someone who hasn't exercised in a long time at all, I think it's a start. I'm hoping by next week to be up to at least 20 minutes of bike riding. Then the week after that, I hope to be up to 30 minutes of riding! Eventually I will add in a little weight training and some other exercises, such as crunches and push-ups, but I think I will begin doing that next week, or later this week. Once the weather is warm I'll be able to go for short walks and jogs, so that will add onto my exercise routine.

Okay this is getting very long! Time to wind it up...
Highlights so Far:
  • I feel awesome! I already think I look better and I'm proud of myself for being healthy.
  • It's bringing me closer with my family, friends and co-workers! Everyone is so encouraging and it's a vulnerable thing to open up to others about your weight loss goals.
  • I'm eating healthy and exercising. This is a goal that I wanted to achieve for a long time, and it makes me so happy that I'm working towards that goal!
Challenges so Far:
  • Motivating myself to exercise after work.
  • Not eating everything in sight on the drive home from work and the half an hour before dinner when I get home.
  • Not eating just to eat. Today I had to stop myself from eating more broccoli, not because I was hungry, but just because I was eating it because it was there.
  • Drinking enough water. I'm not used to drinking the right amount of fluids and it makes me pee a lot more and at times feel bloated.
Current Goal:
Lose 10 lbs by January 31st!

Thanks for your support!

3 comments: