Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Zumba

I went to a Zumba fitness class this evening. Zumba is Latin dance fitness, and it was a serious cardio workout! And we did like a million squats. It was fun though! Tomorrow I'm going to try to go to the gym in the morning before work. For these last two weeks before classes begin, I'm going to try to go to the gym every week day. It's hard because it is SO cold out so all I want to do is stay in my apartment in my sweatpants, and only the far gym is open right now so we have to drive there and find parking, but I'm going to try to stick with it. It helps that Dan also wants to go to the gym every day. Today I am +7.4 over my goal weight, but I can't rely too much on day-to-day weigh-ins. Once classes start, I'll start recording my weight once per week to get a more accurate idea of how I'm doing.

Today I've done better with eating less. Throughout the day I had: a bowl of granola cereal, a cup of applesauce, a half cup of coffee with skim milk, a handful of raisins, a handful of sunflower seeds, two Special K granola bars, a cup of strawberry yogurt, one half of a crouton (haha, sometimes I can't control my snacking urges), a bowl of salad with ranch dressing, a tilapia filet, and a bowl of whole grain pasta with red sauce. It's officially after dinner now and I've entered the dreaded time between dinner and bed when all I want to do is snack. I'm going to decide right now that when I finally decide to eat something else (because there's no way I won't eat anything else tonight), I can eat a clementine and a small handful of dried fruit. I have to limit myself to that because if I don't, I'll stuff myself with carbs. Oh man, I love carbs. After my fruit, I'll try to fill up any residual hunger space with hot tea. I haven't had any pop today so far, and I'm going to try to keep it up. Dan is sitting next to me drinking a diet Coke right now and I keep having to remind myself not to reach over and steal a sip. This is going to be difficult.

1 comment: