Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quinoa

Yesterday I did well with eating. We made chicken with spicy-sweet barbeque sauce for dinner and ate it with quinoa, which my brother introduced me to. It tastes like rice, but looks like weird little circles. Here's a close-up picture of cooked quinoa: http://www.the-gluten-free-chef.com/image-files/cooked-quinoa.jpg
I was still pretty hungry after dinner and I was at Meijer with my friend Dana and EVERYTHING looked so yummy, especially the candy aisle. It was really tempting to just buy a little candy bar, but I summoned all of my strength and didn't buy any snacks. When I got back to my apartment I ate a couple handfuls of raisins and had a glass of water and that made me feel less snacky. I felt hungry when I went to bed, but it wasn't horrible. Today I've eaten kind of a lot so far. We ran out of milk, so instead of cereal I had a piece of toast with butter (well, Smart Balance really) and coffee with half and half for breakfast, and then right before work I had a banana and another piece of toast with peanut butter. I packed another banana and a Special K cereal bar for snack during work and I'll probably eat another snack after work before dinner.

Yesterday I intended to get up early and go to the gym before work, but I was so tired and lazy that it didn't happen. I ended up going in the evening after work though, so it was okay. I jogged two miles and did some easy arm exercises with 4 lb. weights. (I have no arm strength, haha.) Dan was at the gym with me and his routine is a lot longer than mine, so I walked around the track a few times at the end while I was waiting for him to be done. We're going to go to the gym after I get off work tonight again, but I'm not sure I'll be able to go tomorrow morning, so I might not get my full 5 days in this week. I really just want to pack in as much exercise as possible before classes start because my free time is going to be seriously diminished at that point. There aren't any fitness classes that I want to take tonight, so I'll probably just jog on the track again and maybe work out my arms a little more. My legs and back are pretty sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment