Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Goals and Rewards

I like setting goals for myself with rewards attached to them because it motivates me to meet them. I decided on the following two things:

1. My group fitness pass was $50. Without the pass, each class is $7. I have a bad habit of buying the passes and then never using them, so to motivate myself not to waste that money, I will reward myself with new exercise clothes when I have gone to enough fitness classes to equal the $50 I paid for the pass. 7 classes would only equal $49, so I'm going to push it up to 8 classes. So far I've been to 4 classes, so only 4 more to go!

2. When I reach my goal weight (I should really say IF I reach my goal weight, but I'm trying to be positive here) I will buy myself the new Flight of the Conchords CD. I really want that CD.

1 comment:

  1. I promise I have been reading this blog as well. I just don't comment that much on it :)

    I have to say, you and Amanda and Vanessa and Mike and Rob and Jennie and the MILLIONS of my friends who all see to be doing some sort of weight loss something at this time are oddly inspiring. It is good. I've been eating smaller portions, healthier portions and have rediscovered the joy of a walk in the wintertime. I will say this. There is a part of me that is motivated because I don't want to be the only flabby one left....but whatever works, right?

    ReplyDelete