Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Yoga

Last night I was good about snacking after dinner and limited myself to dried apricots. I was really craving something salty, but I drank water and managed to ignore it!

I went to yoga again this morning. It was kind of crazy. We used all sorts of weird things like foam blocks and straps and blankets and something called a bolster. (I just re-read this and thought I had typed "lobster" haha!) Oh, and I did a headstand today! Our instructor helped me and I was only able to hold it for a few seconds, but I felt really strong afterward. ;) At the end of our yoga classes we have a meditation period where we just lie on our mats in silence for like 10 minutes. I really like that part of the class, haha. Today's class felt a little easier than last week, and it made me feel like I'm already improving! We also worked on a lot of controlled breathing and I feel like it made me feel really calm and happy all day. Yay yoga!

I weighed myself without my shoes after yoga and I'm at +4.1 over my goal. I think I will try to weigh myself without shoes from now on because I discovered today that they add 1.2 lbs. to my weight, and I'd really like to know when I actually hit my goal and not when I'm a pound lighter than my goal! Also, it was nice to magically lose an extra pound since last week, haha. ;) I think that these last 4 pounds are going to be pretty difficult to lose. I am predicting that I'm going to plateau out pretty soon and it's going to take several weeks to notice any significant weight loss. Oh well, I'm having fun with modern dance and yoga! I feel a little bit stronger and more flexible, but that might just be in my mind. The dieting part of fitness isn't so easy for me, but I've been trying to make healthy choices. I've definitely been drinking more water and I'm more conscious now about what I eat during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment